Thursday, May 6, 2010

I STRUCK GOLD...

4 Years ago today, I struck GOLD!! And beautiful gold it was! I remember that day like it was yesterday. There I was, in a crate in the Trussville Petsmart Store. People had been in and out all day long looking at the few of us that laid there. They would reach through the crate door and let me smell their fingers - some smelling good, others, not so much! When I was in the pin, they would reach over and scratch my head. I would get to go outside every couple of hours and do my business, but I would just sniff around and not really do what I needed to do! People would Ooo and Ahhh over us, but none looked worthy enough for me to go home with.

FINALLY - my future family came in. Oh how sweet they looked! A group of 4 it was. They all kept looking around at all of us, trying to make a decision. I laid there just hoping that my number was next. AND IT WAS!! My daddy picked me out from the group. Mommy was honestly more interested in an older lady that was in a much larger crate, but I had Daddy's heart from the beginning! Daddy held me and there was an instant connection. He and Momma Gena were admiring me. GrandDanny said I looked like Freckles. I didn't know who he was talking about but I went along with him. Mommy came over to look at me and I gave her some sad eyes. She held me and we cuddled. Oh it felt so good. I felt the love! Mommy handed me back to Daddy and said that she liked me. (I don't think she felt the connection quite like I did!) Daddy held me and said that if I wanted a new home today then I could have it. He said I needed to tell him and it would be done! I laid my head across his arm and took a deep breath. He looked at Mommy and said to go get the checkbook! The rest is history!

I definitely struck gold that day. I had no idea that I would join such an amazing family. I am loved more than any other dog in the world!! Life is very good for me and I would not trade anything in the world!!

And that's just the dog's AMAZING life!

~Maggie

No comments: