Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Trails To You

You must know how much I LOVE spending the day at Momma Gena and GrandDanny's house. I have my routine down from the moment I walk in the door to the moment I leave! As soon as I get there, I instantly must check on both Momma Gena and GrandDanny. Then I must go outside to check out my backyard. There are rumors floating around the 'hood that their are either wild cats or bob cats in the woods, so I must check to see if they have entered my yard.

I walk out the door into the screened porch, out onto the patio and into the yard. I walk in the same path every time. I have walked my "trail" so much that I have made a path of my walk way. Mommy sings "Happy Trails To You" as Momma Gena and GrandDanny fuss at me for the path in the grass.

I am so programed! There is no changing me. I enter the backyard at least 100 times while I am their house. The rest of the time is spent either in Momma Gena's lap, sunning on the the front bed or begging for a W-A-L-K.

As soon as Mommy or Daddy get there, I give my kisses and have a mini- "MD". I go outside then back in and straight to my food bowl. I always tump my food bowl over so that all of the food goes everywhere. I do make a mess, but I usually always clean it up. I always begin to eat as soon as I realize that it is time to go home. Literally... there have been times that Mommy is packing up Noah and I begin to eat. Once I begin to eat, Daddy sits back down. I leisurely take my time eating and then must again check out my back yard.

I love spending days at Momma Gena and GrandDanny's house. I prefer Noah not to be with me while I am there because he messes up my valuable lap time.

So, "Happy Trails, To You!!!"

And that's just the dog's life!

~Maggie

No comments: