Wednesday, August 12, 2009

If only I had been there...

Momma Gena called me yesterday. I missed a prime opportunity at her house on Monday. There have been rumors floating in the Kidron 'hood that there are wild
c-a-t-s messing things up. She always makes sure that GrandDanny turns the lights on for me when I am in the back yard and it is dark. She wants to make sure that there are no wild c-a-t-s trying to get me, or me to get them!! So, Monday afternoon, Momma Gena, GrandDanny and Jake go next door to see Mrs. Dot. As they are leaving Mrs. Dot's house, they notice that a baby raccoon is laying in the yard. Apparently something has gotten it. We are afraid of a wild c-a-t. But can you imagine the commotion that I would have caused if I had seen the baby raccoon first. Mommy says that every hair on my body would have stood up.

GrandDanny took care of the baby raccoon and Momma Gena says that it is in Heaven. Poor baby... if I had only gotten there first!

And that's just the dog's life!

~Maggie

No comments: