Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No Howl-o-ween Party

Last night was the annual "Howl-o-ween" dog costume contest and party at Petsmart. Mommy and I worked hard to come up with a costume for me to wear. But we did not get to go. And my costume was going to be great! I was going to be a hunting dog and wear camo and an orange hat. Papaw even matched me. If you remember, this was the party last year that I met Bear at. I wonder how Bear is doing?? I have not seem him since. And we never got together to play! :-(

Noah got sick and we could not go. He started running a high fever and it was at its highest when we would have been at the party. So I had to "change hats" and go from hunting dog to nurse dog.

It really bothered me that my brother was sick. He did not feel like playing and that scared me. I tried to get as close as I could and wanted to smell his breath. When Mommy was rocking him, I sat as close to Papaw as I could. Daddy could not be home with us last night because he had an obligation at the church. But he got home as fast as he could when he found out that Noah's fever was 104.

Mommy put Noah in a cold bath and he did not like that. Bless his heart, he screamed! Papaw got in the floor and played with him while he was in the bath and he got laughing. Fortunately the cold water helped lower his body temperature.

He is feeling better today. His fever is gone, but you can still tell that he is not quite 100% yet. Mommy and Daddy had a long night of taking care of him because he kept waking up. I got up one time with him, but that really was just to take a quick walk outside. Daddy had to come and get me because I started barking at something in the field across the creek and Daddy was afraid that I would wake the neighbors.

Mommy has been cleaning today to get all of the germs gone. I hate cleaning day because that means the vacuum cleaner comes out. I'll just keep my cozy position on the couch!

And that's just the dog's life!

~Maggie

1 comment:

Bear said...

Hey Maggie!!!! This is Bear! I didn't make it to How-o-ween either. My mommy and daddy forgot. Oh well. We really do need to get together soon and play. I have so many chipmunks in my yard, I could really use some help keeping them under control, if you know what I mean. Hope everyone in your family gets well soon. See you soon.
Bear