Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jake & Mommy

To Jake:
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday, dear Jake...
Happy Birthday to you!!! (woof, woof, woof)

Jake turned 1 yesterday and he had a blow out of a party. I was not able to go, but Mommy and Daddy told me all about it. He had lots of family and friends come to his house for a fish fry and water play. Noah even swam for the first time. From what I understand, he did not like it too much!

And I want to tell my Mommy a very special Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday, dear Mommy...
Happy Birthday to you!!! (woof, woof, woof!!)

Tomorrow is Mommy's birthday. She will finally be as old as me! This will be the last time that we will be the same age. If I am 4 and a dog's year averages to be 7 years, that will tell you how old Mommy is!

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day for us. Daddy has decided to take off of work and stay home to play with Mommy, Noah and I. I think Mommy and Daddy are going to go to dinner and a movie tomorrow night, but that will mean that Noah and I can not go. I wonder what we are going to do? Guess I will have to baby sit again.

I am such a good baby sitter. I got to be in charge one day last week for Mommy. Noah was still sleeping in his bed and Mommy decided to try to take a quick shower. Noah woke up just as Mommy was about to get in. She instead decided to hold off on the shower and check on Noah. It took her a second to get to him (and he was crying by then) but I was in his room checking on him. I kept barking at Mommy until she had him quiet. (He wanted his breakfast!) Mommy knows that I did not wake Noah up. I did not bark until after Mommy got into the nursery. She did have to raise the bumper pads so that I could put my paws on the side of the bed to look in at my brother. Once I saw that he was ok, I was good to go! I had done my duty! I often check in on him at night before I go to be. So I guess I can take time out of my busy day tomorrow to take care of Noah for Mommy and Daddy. It will not be too bad. I do have 2 rules when I baby sit: 1. I do not change diapers! 2. Payment must be made in full prior to the job and when the job is complete (get that, I get 2 treats!)

And that's just the dog's life!

~Maggie

No comments: