Saturday, November 7, 2009

Momma Gena's Disappointment

Well, I have done it now. I officially have disappointed my Momma Gena! She and GrandDanny were working in the turnip green patch and found a dead rat in the patch. They assume that he has been there for a couple of days and that he ate some of the stout garlic that is planted there and it killed him. I know how bad garlic smells when Mommy is cooking with it, so I could not imagine how strong it would be in a rat's mouth. Talk about bad breath! So I disappointed my Momma Gena because I did not see or smell the dead rat. The sad thing is that I was at her house all day yesterday and took many trips into the yard and my nose let me down! Not once did I smell where he had been. Funny thing is that I noticed it immediately today when I got there. I followed my "Happy Trails" trail and went right straight to were the deceased had laid. Gonna have to check to see what is wrong with my nose! Must be the sinus infection that Mommy and I have been fighting!

And that's just the dog's life!

~Maggie

No comments: