Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Trip to BabiesMart and PetsMart

Noah and I both had outings today - each being separate. Noah's outing was first.

Can you believe that my brother is 9 months old today! I can not believe how fast these 9 months have gone. He just gets better and better every day. He has finally hit the playful stage with me. Nina was here yesterday and she laughed when brother chased me down the hallway. I did not really know what to do with him, and still don't. But I just kind of ran around and he laughed. I thought that it was a successful play session. Mommy keeps telling me that he will get better and better.

But Noah had to go to BabiesMart this morning for his 9 month check up. Momma Gena went with Mommy and Noah since Daddy had to work. Dr. Miller gave Noah a good bill of health. He is now 19 lbs 12 oz and is 29 inches long. He is 40th percentile for his weight and 80th percentile for his length. We obviously new that his length would be long - given how tall Mommy and Daddy both are. As for Noah's bad sleeping habits, well, Dr. Miller did not tell Mommy what she wanted to hear. It is going to take some work, but Mommy is going to have to get Noah on a better daily schedule and he is going to have to fuss it out at night until he gets the routine down. Looks like Daddy and I will have several nights of sleeping on the couch! I assured my Mommy that I had no trouble coming up with my sleeping routine! Get up in the morning, go out side, go to couch to sleep. Move upstairs to sleep on couch, go back down stairs to sleep on couch. Move to sunshine at front door, sleep some more. Eat dinner, play a few minutes, lounge on the couch with Daddy, go upstairs to bed and sleep. And my day starts all over tomorrow! I will keep you posted on Noah's sleeping progress.

And I got a trip to PetsMart today as well. I was well overdue for a pet-icure, so off Mommy and I went for a ride. Noah was taking his afternoon nap, so it was just Mommy and me. We had such a good time. I am asking Santa for a new daytime, so Mommy and I looked and picked out a couple that I really like. My daytime is currently red and people constantly use the phrase "he" or "him" around me, so I think that it is time to go back to a pink daytime so that there is NO DOUBT that I am a SHE!!

I was not really thrilled with having to go today because I thought that I was going to see the doctor. I went into the same door. The nurse lady really had to drag me in there - and I mean drag because my paws were planted on the floor and I was sliding in the room. Mommy felt really bad and tried to assure me but it did no good. The nurse told Mommy that we would be right back. Mommy went off shopping again and I had to page her when I came out the door. Mommy came quickly and told me to hush. I let the entire store know that my toes had been cut off. I caused quite a ruckus. I even saw Mr. Ron, Momma Gena's neighbor (Roxy's Daddy) and he even tried to talk to me and calm me. But I also told him about it. Mommy did let me visit with the C-A-T's before leaving and we made a stop by the guinea pigs. I love tormenting the cats and rats. It is as close as I will ever get to a cat. I have to smell them while I can!!

And that's just the dog's life!

~Maggie

No comments: