Friday, April 24, 2009

Snakes on the Loose

Grandma needed me today, but Mommy would not take me. I could have found it. If they had given me just 5 minutes, I could have hunted it down.

Grandma's sitter called Papaw today. As Grandma was getting up from the lunch table, a snake went from under the kitchen table to under the freezer in just a matter of seconds. It freaked the sitter out. She called Nina... could not get her. Called Uncle Rudy... could not get him. Called Papaw... got him and he said "Hum." It baffled everyone. Nina was on her way to an appointment, Papaw was waiting on a bride and Uncle Rudy was 30 minutes away.

By the time that Uncle Rudy got there, the snake was long gone. There is no sign of it. If I could have gone, I would have found it in just a few minutes. Aunt Dorinda is freaked out. Nina is freaked out. Mommy invited Nina and Grandma to our house to spend the night, but Nina said that they would be ok. (I bet Nina does not sleep well.)

Granddanny found a snake on Monday trying to get into his garage. He killed it. It was a baby rattle snake. Momma Gena wonders where the mommy snake is. She was freaked out as well.

Mommy said that it is too early for snakes, and now we have already seen 2 this season. Daddy is going to really have to watch my new back yard. I hope everyone watches out too!

And that's just the dog's life!

~Maggie

No comments: