Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

I hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving! I sure did! It started out on Tuesday and went non-stop all the way through the weekend! I am so sorry that I am just now able to update my blog, but Mommy has been too busy to help me with my pictures. The time did give me a chance to get more pictures. I wish I could show all of them to you, but I don't want to bored you with them!

My Holiday week started out at Grandma's house. Mommy and I had to go sit with Grandma on Tuesday afternoon while Nina was at a Thanksgiving Dinner. Papaw came with us just in case we needed him. (If Grandma were to fall, Mommy could not help her up... wanna know why?? Mommy's tummy is getting bigger and it is getting in the way!) Papaw took me on my deer walk, but I did not find anything but a cat in the barn and a squirell in the tree. I did make my place in Grandma's lap! I sure do love laying in Grandma's lap!




Wednesday was a big work day for Mommy and Daddy. I stayed at Momma Gena's house and help prepare for Thanksgiving Dinner. We had Thanksgiving lunch at Momma Gena's on Thursday. Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Paul and Jake were there. Aunt Barbara and Uncle Mike came up from Clanton. I really like my Aunt "Bobby" and Uncle Mike! The picture below is me after my Thanksgiving lunch. Boy does turkey make you tired -- and we did not even have turkey. Oh Wait - that is what I do every afternoon - NAP! Mommy and Daddy headed out to Leeds to visit but I was not up for it. They went to see Nanny (I did not want to see Buddy) and then planned to go to Grandma's house (where the deer are) but ended up at The Bass Pro Shop. They went shopping and tried to win gift cards. They did not stay too long, it was cold!




Friday proved to be a busy day. It started out with Mommy and Daddy cleaning house. Momma Gena and GrandDanny came over to help Daddy pull the Christmas decor out of the attic. I tried to help, but Daddy would not let me. I got really nervous when all of the furniture in the living room started to move. They rearranged our whole living room. (I do like the new set up though!) The Christmas tree is pretty. I like all of the lights on it. Mommy pulled the tree skirt out and found a piece of dog food on it that Freckles left. (She found it last year also, but chose to leave it on there.) Freckles had a habit of hiding dog food and felt the need to hide it in the tree skirt. I think it is funny! Mommy cried! (hormones!)

That night ended up with a party. We had tons of people at our house. Mommy and Daddy decided to start a Christmas Kick Off Party with dinner and a Christmas movie. Hardly anyone watched the movie. (Look at the pictures below and you will see why!)

It was the first time in a long time that my little cousins were together. Jake is in the white shirt and Shawn in the red. Everyone kept playing with them. I left them alone! Shawn shared his toys with Jake and Jake tried to bite Shawn. It was funny! It was as if they could not figure each other out! They had a good time anyway. I pulled my toys out and tried to play, but Aunt Jonica and Aunt Jennifer would not let the boys play with my toys.






Saturday was again another big day. It was the annual Iron Bowl Football Game. (That means Alabama played Auburn!) We went to Aunt Jennifer's house for the game and to eat BBQ. Papaw ended up coming over -- Nina and Meghan went to the game! Mommy said that she did not want to go to the game because it was cold and rainy! Papaw came over and shared his BBQ with me. The picture below shows him feeding me with a fork. Mommy wanted me to be sure to clarify that Papaw was finished eating when he let me eat off of his fork. It also was a plastic fork!


Less than a week until Maggie goes on vacation - at least that is what everyone keeps saying! Usually vacation means Mommy and Daddy leave and I go to Papaw's house. For some reason I do not think that is what this means. Mommy and Daddy keep talking about mountains and a long car ride. Momma Gena said something this morning about walking trails in Gatlinburg. What is Gatlinburg? I guess I will have to wait and see. Mommy said that she is taking her computer and I can use it to update. So be sure to check my blog for Gatlinburg updates! I guess I am excited! :-)
Oh well - that's just the dog's life!
~Maggie













































No comments: